Fashion Show Creative Process

 

I got the material for the top from a large Target bag. I tried to recreate the crop top that Leeloo wore in The 5th Element. By the end of the movie, her shirt got bloodied and was the target of attacks by the alien race. 
This picture shows how the back straps would be tied. Outside of tape, the entire outfit was made from plastic shopping bags. 
I had trouble with the slits I made to attach the straps to the top itself with them ripping. The tape here is the mechanism I came up with to reinforce the holes to try and preventing the top from ripping further. 
View of the final product from the back. The lower straps would need to be tied behind in the back while the top ones stay tied.
View of the final product from the front. 
This picture is of me wearing the final product. This assignment definitely got me to step out of my comfort zone. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Death & Robots: Pop Squad Reaction

The Impact of Philip K. Dick

About Me